Sunday, May 16, 2010

Team Work

The day began with a run for the Silver Fox and sleep in for me & Noodles. We all met up outside as the SF arrived home and Ernie and I were outside for his morning pee. Notice something wrong with this picture?

Let's take a closer look....


CLOSER...
Well, not that close. It is, after all, a family blog.

Once I had a cup of coffee under my belt, I headed out to help the husband on one of our projects. Rookie's Berry Patch. People...I need a better name than that? Yesterday I painted the fence posts and finished painting all of the rails. This morning (while I was drinking my coffee), the SF "tamped" the fence posts in and double-checked that they were all level. Then we set to work.

We had to decide how high the fence would be, where to place the two rails, how much fence post we wanted showing after we were done and how much overhang we wanted on the rails. If you know me, decision making is sometimes not my biggest strength. There is something so final about making decisions, right?


That's the eel grass in the middle of the garden.

Yep...Looking level, Honey!

Oh, look! The supervisor is sleeping on the job again!

First section, done. Onto the second.

"Ahhh.....let me just put my head down here for a second. I feel a fiver coming on. "

The supervisor doing what he does best. Sawing.......logs that is! "Zzzzzzz...Zzzzzzzz.Zzzzzz "

Moving along.

Done.

Well almost. I just need to paint all of the exposed ends now, but since it has started to rain, it's time to head indoors. Here's another view. Everything is level and square just the way the SF likes them.

Can you tell who planted which row of berry bushes? I know Rookie wouldn't care and that's all that matters to me.

"Huh? What? We're done working for the day? Wow! Where did the day go?"
A view from the back of the yard....
And finally, a view from the deck above.


We know Rookie is looking down on us today with a big smile in his heart as we will every time we pull berries off of the bushes. Nothing better than a little teamwork (even if the supervisor slept through the entire thing) to get a job checked off our list.
Seriously folks, if you can think of a better name for Rookie's patch, please let me know. Thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

  1. I must be missing something. I don't get the fence with an opening but no closer? SF do you need me to make a run to The Gap, Eddie Bauer or the like. Seems every picture you are in you are in the same Farmer Brown clothes:) hehe.

    love your fashionista T

    ReplyDelete
  2. fashion not spelling is my forte. should be closure not closer.

    hugs T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard work is not about fashion, T;o) Perhaps you are not familiar with the concept of having a pair of "grubbies" aka "workers" (the term depends on whether you are my mom or my dad). The dirtier they are, the harder you have worked. BTW, he does have 2 of those work shirt/jackets that he rotates. Myself, I have two sets of grubbies - one for painting, one for yard work. Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete