Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Rare Flower Findings, Return of the Supervisor & Camping.

In my relentless hunt for unique, exotic and hard to obtain flora for our garden, I discovered a beauty that already existed there. An Arctic Lily. Pure White. White as the driven snow, or is that pure as the driven snow, well it’s all that too. At maturity, it stands over 5.5 feet. It’s petals are spiral shaped and hang loosely. When the flower first blooms, the petals have a myriad of colours running through them, depending on the light, but always present, are tinges of white which eventually spread like wildfire as the lily ages. It’s translucent limbs are veined with the most spectacular variety of green, purple and blue. As it is exposed to the sun, as we had today – beautiful, glorious warm sun, the limbs turn beet red....OH WAIT! IT’S NO LILY. IT’S ME & MY LILY WHITE LEGS! They haven’t seen the sun in 3 years and the reflection off of them today is enough to blind a 747 doing a fly-by high above. Well, I'm not white any more. I'm looking more like a poppy! Ouch! SUNBURN!

The day was spectacular though and a great opportunity for me to get some painting done with the ever faithful supervisor showing up and doing his part again. I made some great progress completing the second and final coat on the umm...East (?) side of the house. Not great at directions, what can I say.

AND, if I dare say, I turned a corner today as well.

Let me ask you. Have you ever had one of those bosses that you feel is always watching you? Like you can't even go to use the facilities without "BIG BROTHER" keeping a watchful eye? They think they are being all cunning and are so dense that they don't realize that you FEEL their eyes burning a hole in the back of your head? It's as though they their glaring at you with those piercing beady little eyes, is going to miraculously speed up your productivity? Do you feel me people?

Let's take a closer look.



Anyone want to hazard a guess what this is? You'll never get it. Even if you think it's obvious, it ain't!

Well?

It’s a PUP TENT!!!! I know, pathetic, right? I should quit while I’m still ahead. But it worked out great for Ernie. He is very susceptible to the heat and even though it maybe hit 20, it’s too hot for him. This brainchild, brought to you by yours truly, worked fantabulously...don’t you agree Ern?
“Zzzzzzzz....Zzzzzzzz....Zzzzzzz.” I’ll take that as a yes.

1 comment:

  1. I just set my computer background to the oh-so cute ewok face sticking out through the fence. TOO precious!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete