Sunday, May 30, 2010

Old McLachlan had a farm...Eee- I-Eeee-I-Oooooh!

And on his farm he planted some peppers...

...and tomatoes!
And there's Rookie's raspberry and blackberry bushes.


And then his Old McLachlan's nutbar wigged-out wife decided she would make her perennial garden a circle garden. She was inspired by one of her favourite gardens - The Grist Mill located in Keremeos, BC. Not a huge garden but a beautiful one that pairs the historic tools of the Grist Mill with lucious gardens that meander through the grounds. So far, all I have planted are sweet peas. Three different kinds. Tonight I have to plan out the rest. I'm hoping my little structure might act as a deterent to scavenging birds but if they are anything like the squirrels, it will take about oh.... five minutes before they move in.

And no, this is not Rookie's final resting place but the future home of zucchinis and courgettes (same thing really). The bugs don't like marigolds so I planted a bundle which says a lot because they have to be my least favourite flower....EVER!

One last perspective before Old McLachlan and his old lady head in for supper. Oh! Wait! See our rainbarrel beside the back door of the garage. We used nothing but that water today to provide sustenances to our garden.

Looking good Farmer Mac!



1 comment:

  1. I hear you on the marigolds - not a flower I would usually bother with. We planted a few pots of them in our deck garden last year, and we didn't have any pests, so I think it was worth-while. I must send you a picture of our latest gardening effort - up-side-down tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete