Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Picture in your mind, if you will...

I know I am severely dating myself here but I want to paint a picture for you. Better yet, for some of you, I want to draw on an old warm memory. Family nights in front of the TV watching your favourite TV show. For me, one of them was Little House on the Prairie. If I recall correctly, it was on when Dad and my brother were at hockey, so Mom had to endure and watch it with me. A wholesome, heart-warming family show that allowed one to escape to times gone past and imagine yourself living the adventure alongside Laura Ingalls. Nevermind Pa Ingalls, who was a hotty and I'm sure the reason my own Ma didn't mind watching. For numerous reasons, this show has become fairly relevant in my life. One, because I am living with Farmer McLachlan (Don't get me started!) and two, well....Do you remember the intro to the show when the Ingalls girls, Mary, Laura and little Carrie (I had to google Carrie's name..another sign I'm getting old. I'm losing my memory.) are running down a steep hill draped in long grass and flowers with Ma and Pa Ingalls watching from their horse drawn wagon? If not, it goes something like this....

Something has been happening in our backyard that keeps taking me back to the emotion that intro stirred in me and I just wanted to share it with you.

Can you see what I'm saying?

Anything? I swear to God, everytime I see him romping through the tall grass that tickles his willy, ears flapping in the wind, a kick in his step, a smile on his face as though he's died and gone to heaven...and apparently having ingested a dozen dandelion seed heads, it draws me back to little Carrie. All I need to do is capture him tripping and wiping out which wouldn't be out of the question for my dog with 4 left feet.

That's all I have for ya people! The weather has not been cooperating so I don't have many new pictures for you.

1 comment:

  1. k - ewok was only running down the hill cause you had food. i saw him licking his chops. i so loved little house on the prairie. i so related to nellie:)

    t

    ReplyDelete