Thursday, May 13, 2010

Garden Tour....


Allow me to take you on a tour of my newest garden that Dad made for Mom the other day. They mapped it out using the garden hose and then spray painted around the edge with bright orange paint. Then Dad cut the sod, tilled it, mixed in some compost and voila! A new garden is born.

If you look disa way...



... you will see that Dad planted a new lilac tree (pee'd on it)

and if you look thata way.....


you will see that Mom planted some blue oatgrass here....which I have also pee'd upon.

She also planted the divisions that a nice neighbour gave her. Hostas (pee'd on it), Hardy Geranium (pee'd on it), Stella d'oro lily (pee'd on it) ....


If you think the fact that I pee'd on everything is the worst thing that could happen, this morning we woke up and discovered that the racoon or skunk tried to dig up everything Mom planted. We're still trying to figure out if it was after the roots or the blood/bone meal or compost that she so lovingly put in the hole before she placed in the plants. If those creatures don't watch out, they are goiong to have to deal with her sooner rather than later.

Be very quiet. Sit very still. If we're really careful, the squirrel might mistake us for a garden gnome and come over to eat some sunflower seeds and then we can "sneak attack" him... although... I wouldn't know what to do with him once I caught him.


Well, that's it for the garden tour for today. If you come back in a couple of weeks, I'll update the pictures so you can see how much everything has grown. Everything is looking a bit Charlie Brown Christmas Tree-ish. (The paint in my beard is from me helping Mom paint today.)

Thank you all for coming. It is now time for me to take a nap in my Big Bro, Rookie's favourite spot on the deck. See me there?

Here.....I'll zoom in....See me now?
Later folks....PEACE OUT!

2 comments:

  1. Ernie--thank your mom for taking us on this wonderful tour!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ernie I thought you were going to say you had super pee and from one little seed you had fantastic plant growth.

    ReplyDelete