Wednesday, April 21, 2010

218 hours - I don't even know where to start. It's been a busy day.

How about breakfast?

After all, it is the most important meal of the day, made better having your hubby cook it for you in your mother`s poached egg pot. Can you feel the LOVE? Does anyone else out there love poached eggs as much as we do? This pot is 52 years old! Seriously. What lasts 50 years nowadays? It was my Mom's and either I stole it from her or she generously donated it to me. Regardless it will remain with me forever because it is a piece of her and because it makes the bestest poached eggs!
Next....I headed to the garden. Here's the before of the shady garden patch that I didn't get weeded last week. Take note of the tree in the far, left back.

After weeding it, I holla'd for the Silver Fox to come help chop down that tree...and all he left me with was this...

MESS!!!! I mean, COME ON, if someone asks you to help at least they can help clean up the mess after the fact. Note the dirt sprayed up on the siding?! I hate to seem ungrateful, but...REALLY? He's taking lessons from his father-in-law (sorry Dad). Then I planted these:
Here's the after:

I know it's a bit early to be planting out but most of what is there is what I bought on Sunday and they had been dug out of someone's garden here so I figure it is best to get them back in the ground.
Here's the after....not much change but check back in a month or so.


Then Paul Bunyan set to it....he chopped down another...

And another....

BEFORE & AFTER

And a couple more shots of the garden from different angles.

While we were out there this little guy came for a visit. Remember a few weeks back when THE SQUIRREL HUNTER was barking at and biting the siding...

Well this is one of the culprits! He's crawling up into the space between the siding and the foundation.
As for the Silver Fox....look what he finished painting today!!! How wonderful! Love them babycakes! You rock!



All that hard work called for A beer with dinner...at least a half of one. We split it!

Last note...I hear my dear old Dad is "down in the mouth" today. I heard a rumour that he is sporting "summer teeth" today. You know, some are here, some are not. Actually, it's no rumour, "it's the toof, the whole toof and nothing but the toof". Cheer up Daddio. It just means that you've got one less to brush tonight. SMILE:) Hugs & Kiss, your Brat.

1 comment: