Monday, April 26, 2010

101.5 hours - Wasn't it God's day YESTERDAY?

Somebody forgot to tell him or he apparently forgot because he came a callin' this morning and he wanted to dig some holes to Hades. At least that's how it felt. The SF rented an auger but it, sadly, did not come with a helper for the other end of it, which only left me. Six holes later, shaky arms and a slightly achy back (yes T, I stretched...and the bath will follow in a bit) the job was done.



Paul Bunyan moved on to finish falling the tree beside this garden, the future home of my..uh...our greenhouse.


The sun was still shining once I finished helping the SF so I started painting the deck. I forgot to take a BEFORE shot but here is the first section nearly complete.


I think it is going to look great once it's all done, don't you agree? Unfortunately, the weather was not cooperating and it was time to call it quits before it started raining. Notice someone peeking through the fence.

Still peeking until.....

Temptation came knocking on the door ....and Ernie resisted.

As I lamented on & on to the SF about how a woman's work is never done because I was still managing laundry, doing dishes, finishing some paper work related to our move, "juicing" him, making coffee and then he got called out for work. I guess my lot in life isn't so bad.

NOW it's time to bathe as I am NOT smelling very lady-like. Later!

2 comments:

  1. Look at little Ernie!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kim; Just reading your blog and seeing what you have been up to. HOLY COW YOU HAVE BEEN BUSY!!!! I love your house its looks great. I am so jealous. The picture you took of Ernie is very cute. Has your back healed yet? Your garden will be so nice. I take it you enjoy gardening. I definately have a "black thumb"

    Christina H

    ReplyDelete