Saturday, April 17, 2010

313.5 hrs....Don't you love it when you can turn your husband on....

....to one of your favourite pastimes. Get your mind out of the gutter people. I'm talking about gardening because now he gets just as excited as I do about going to a garden show. It was, however, a very small one in a community called Crapaud which, my chiropractor informed me the other day, is Toad in french. It's a small community about a half hour drive west from our house.

Among the purchases, a pair of gardening clogs pour moi. Sloggers. No Mom, not wooden clogs. Sorry to my Dutch ancestors, but I really don't know how comfortable those could be and as uncoordinated as I am, I would probably break an ankle.


Ev bought two tomato cages that match my shoes.
We were still able to come away with a few plants. Two Hellebores and a Tree Peony. (I borrowed these photos from a friend.)




As for the planters we were building. I found an inspirational photo which we based our design off and then found a free plan online somewhere which we adapted, adjusting the length and the panels to suit our needs. This is our inspiration...


This is first of two.



After our marriage just barely surviving the completion of one, I decided to back away from the power tools and let the Silver Fox work solo on the second one while I worked on my trellises. Regardless of our differences of opinion, mostly math related, we are both pretty impressed and proud of the outcome. The Silver Fox has not only completed the second but has also primed both and will be painting them next week. Then to line them, plant and stand back to watch them fill in. I'll post some pictures once they are done.

Their new home will be on our upstairs deck below the two large picture windows. (I know my Mom will understand this, but I hope they don't end up with FELT PADS on the bottom of their feet.)

That's it for today folks. Must knit. GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment