Wednesday, April 14, 2010

386.5 hours to go...and I actually got something done today.

Two more tasks off my to-do list!!! I finished painting the foyer and the hallway today and was able to take all of the tape down and pretty much return both areas to their original condition save moving a large piece of furniture which shall be saved for "the muscle". I also painted a couple of flower pots AND washed the floor on hand and knee! Whew! Still no photos for you yet but they are coming. Promise.

If weather permits, I might weed my gardens tomorrow. I need to do a closer inspection of what is actually growing in there - I seem to have forgotten. Before I plant, I do need to know so that I don't plant on top of something that is going to come up at a later date. I was also scanning kijiji last week and found an ad from someone who is digging up her garden and selling perennials at $1 a plant. Since the Enchanted Garden (E laughs at me when I call it that) doesn't get much sun, I need to look for shade plants and she has some. One of my favourites is monkshood so I've asked for a few of these.


This photo, from October 2009 is of the fuller bed of the three.

These two pictures are of the other beds that definitely need some work.



This last picture is of a very overgrown rosebush. We pruned it heavily in the Fall and have plans to create a flowerbed around it. We pulled out the mint that was taking over but suspect it will make an appearance soon. This rose bush is also the favourite resting place for the chickadees as they feed from the nearby feeder.



I might have to chain myself to a desk tomorrow. I still have to finish our taxes and have a lot of paper work piling up in there amongst other things. I'll decide that after my visit to the chiropractor tomorrow.

Did you notice my count was off? Somewhere my countdown to E (the silver fox) going back to work went awry but I am happy to report I consulted a calculator.

In case you were wondering what "the silver fox" reference is, E has had two people comment (lucky for them, they are two of his favourite people) about the copious amounts of grey making its way into his hair. As far as I'm concerned, he's always been a fox. Silver or black, I love him all the same.

Gotta go knit!!! Kim.

No comments:

Post a Comment