Thursday, April 29, 2010

26.5 hours - Nothing that a little retail therapy won't cure.

Taxes are done! Thousands of dollars forked over to the government for them to spend as they see fit. Apparently spent directing traffic outside DQ and of course our presence there just added to the problem. We were definitely not a part of the solution.

I was a bit emotionally confused - feeling a tad blue after transferring the funds, yet exhilarated at having the burden of tax preparation off my shoulders for another year. Whatever I was feeling, I apparently was not hiding it well as the SF felt I needed a boost and offered to take me to the nursery to look at plants. Big Mistake....for him anyway. He ended up standing by the car with the Ern-meister, who was freaking out because his momma was more than 20 feet away, while I hunted high and low for treasures. Eventually settling on two lovelies for the garden, the manager told us it was buy 3, get 1 free...so off I went to find 2 more beauties thus taking another 20 minutes.

So the moral of that story, spend some money buying yourself something to make yourself feel better about giving other money away. Too bad money doesn't grow on the trees we bought today.

The only other progress made around here today was that the SF finished installing his last fence post - 6 in total. All level and in proper formation. The weather has hampered our exterior projects. It has been raining for a couple of days with more rain forecasted for the next week - time to get some indoor projects completed.

Sorry this isn't very exciting. Hell. I'm boring myself.

1 comment:

  1. well... taxes aren't supposed to be exciting,
    are they? I sure didn't find mine were this year ;)

    ReplyDelete