Thursday, April 22, 2010

193.25 hrs....If I can say anything positive about the situation, he's got good aim?!

Today was a bit of a kerfuffle. We had to take my car in to get the winter tires off. (YEAH!) Then we had to revisit the bank as we seem to be getting bumped up the chain of command there. Since it was a relatively cool day and was supposed to rain, we figured it was okay for us to take Ernie and leave him in the truck while we went in. We did not anticipate a nearly two hour meeting. Ev went out at one point to check on him and he was sleeping, so no worries, right? We finished up only 20 minutes after that and when we walked out, it was quite warm and very muggy. Ernie, was not impressed. He was panting heavily and not slowing down.

We had plans to do some other running around but threw that idea out the window until we had him calmed. We ended up having to go to two stores just to get him some water which cooled him quickly but opted to take him home prior to finishing our shopping. We really couldn't have been gone longer than 2 hours. And as usual, when we get home, Ernie is a basket case riddled with anxiety at having been left home alone.

Now, I don't know if I am the only one that this happens to, but I find when we are running around that I am quickly exhausted. I'm not sure if it is the driving around or walking around shopping. Regardless, by the time we get home and things are unpacked, I occasionally head up for a fiver, and Ernie is ALWAYS fast on my heels. Not long after we hit the hay, Ev came up to inform me Ernie had had an accident in the basement but he was laughing about it? Ernie had pooed in the basement IN HIS WATERBOWL! WTF?! So, as I said, if there is anything positive to be said about Ernie's accident, at least the little bugger has good aim.

Sooner, rather than later, he was forgiven and we indulged in a family nap followed by a walk on the beach and then home to watch the Canucks game we had recorded the night before. It must have been an extremely trying day for Ernie because he was out and I had to physically wake him up to head up to the Nest for bed.

That's it here folks. Not a very exciting one.

No comments:

Post a Comment