Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Day Six - Thunder Bay to Sault Ste. Marie


Distance Travelled: 721 km.
We actually were on the road by 7am today and made it into Sault Ste. Marie around 3:30. Checked into a nicer hotel than we spent last night in, that's for sure. We know that those travelling with pets are put into lesser quality rooms but the minute I walked in, all I could smell was pet urine....even with my less than useful sniffer.
Anyway....we chose to drive the coast of Lake Superior so we could see some sights rather than drive inland. The only problem was that it was foggy until after noon so we couldn't see anything. We could barely see the car in front of us. Once the fog broke, it was a pleasant drive. Still have to say that Saskatchewan was my fave!
We reverted back to "Brownie" days and played the Alphabet game which I quit halfway through but Ev continued to play by himself. Then we played another game from trips to Brownie camp where one person starts a story by telling one sentence and then next person determines the next sentence and so on. All I can remember is that there was a tiger coming out of the forest (KIM's sentence) and saw the old COUGAR, Kim, to which the tiger replied, "Oh, another tiger"(EV's sentence). And the old COUGAR replied, "No, Dumb Ass. I'm a friggin' cougar, not a tiger" (KIM's sentence). That'll teach him for calling me a cougar, yet again. That was also the end of the story because we were laughing so hard I thought I was gonna pee my pants.
I'm off to Dairy Queen to get me a blizzard!!! TTUS people!

No comments:

Post a Comment