Friday, June 18, 2010

Planting, Painting, Panic, Phobia....PHREAKING OUT!

Okay, that last one doesn't really belong. There is nothing that instills PANIC in me more than (I know of three PEOPLE out there that are ready to PEE their PANTS right now) this huge PH*CKER! (Yeah, yeah. That one doesn't belong either.) But come on!
Well, maybe it's not so huge. PUNY, actually.


But what the HELL is it doing on my door step? And why the HELL is it trying to get inside? Seriously, is there a reason that they have to sneak up on you when you least expect them to, and then beat a PATH right for you. Nasty old tongue taunting me. It's sending a shiver down my spine as I'm describing it. It's like living the whole episode all over again. I just know I'm going to have nightmares tonight.
I did not jump four feet like I did in Grand Forks, clearing the rock garden. (Yeah, Mom! I'm sure you recall that unfortunate encounter. STOP LAUGHING). But I certainly did PHREAK OUT. Heart PALPITATIONS and all! Now, if I had opened the door to find this PRECIOUS babe...

...well, it would have been a PLEASANT surprise. I would have PROVIDED this sweet baby with some sustenance. Instead, I lost another year off of my PSYCHOTIC life.
Simply PUT, I have discovered one thing I dislike about PEI......SNAKES!!!!
Once I recuperated, and my PANIC subsided, I did get some PLANTING done - Wisteria, Ornamental Hops and Clematis. While it wasn't hot, it was definitely humid and I started overheating so I decided to shift gears and PAINT. A much easier job, as I get to sit down to complete it. First coat on the inside of the deck is now complete. Second coat, tomorrow.
BLOOMING IN THE GARDEN TODAY

Osteospermum


Campanula "Hot Lips"

3 comments:

  1. Oh-Oh...please don't send him to
    your neighbour!

    BTW, Barney and Cabot left Ernie
    some pee mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tks Barney & Cabot....I owe you.

    Hugs & Licks, Ernie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimmer, that is the smallest snake I have ever seen!!!! AND, you have the nerve to call me out about my aversion to spiders ?

    ReplyDelete