Monday, June 14, 2010

Consider Yourselves Up To Date.

Just finalizing my weekend update to further satisfy my Momma's comment about my blatantly obvious absence from blogland. While she was on a short soujourn to a bluegrass festival with her husband (yes, also my father), the mandolin pickin' Hayseed Hoss, I posted nada. (She'll never make a comment like that again, I bet.)

Saturday evening we drove down the road to a field of lupins the SF had spotted. The light wasn't great so these photos do not do the lupins justice. I'm sure there is a reason why the majority of the wild lupins are purple, with pink placing second and the odd white one making an appearance. I haven't seen any yellow or red ones yet. Perhaps it is the difference between wild lupins and hybrids? I'm not too sure. Regardless, they are spectacular.




Then I had a little up close and personal time with Chubby Cheeks. I know that I'm just asking for trouble here. Believe me, I am repeating in my head while he's nibbling sunflower seeds off my fingertips, "Don't bite me. Don't bite me." But, he...she...it is just too darn cute. Told you it was bold.




Come to think of it. I didn't take any photos of Sunday's effort. I busied my day attempting to add some order and life to my lasagna garden. I was THIS close to ripping it apart. Every time I would look at it, my shoulders would sink. I made a great effort yesterday and it is definitely looking better-ish, I still have much work to do. Once the rain passes, I'll take some updated pictures. For now I will leave you with a picture of one of the front beds that is filling in quite nicely. Have a good evening!
Oh, and of course no post is complete without some Ernie-ism. Not so patient this night. He was in no mood to smell the roses. This time, he was pulling a tasmanian devil in an attempt to eat them.

1 comment:

  1. Great website Kim,

    In keeping with the P&P theme, I think we should check out Perennial Pleasures in Fredericton (PEI that is) soon.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete