Sunday, June 27, 2010

Confessions, Wonderments & Cleaning.

Heed my advice, never put off till tomorrow what you can do today. With the SF's pending arrival home tomorrow, my housework should be well ahead of where it was this morning. This wouldn't be so bad except that I woke up with a serious case of dropsy today. By dropsy, I am not referring to the actual medical diagnosis for dropsy, but the Trini Term my M-I-L uses to describe a serious case of lethargy. Je suis très fatigué. I am listless and have been all day long. I have made numerous attempts to take a fiver so that I could just get on with my cyclonic cleaning binge, but my mind races every time I attempt to rest my weary head upon my pillow. Yet, as I commence my intimidating "to do" list, the waves of exhaustion take me over. Perhaps it is the list itself that is overwhelming me. Hell, I feel my lids drooping and I'm only pontificating on the subject matter! Did I mention that I hate cleaning?

Why is it that every time I finally give up and decided to hand water my garden, that within hours we have a deluge? While I'm on that subject...why is it every time I attempt to paint the deck or scrub the dirt off the deck, it rains on me?

Did you ever notice that "Daddy's on the phone" sounds like the declaration "Daddy's home"? Someone in my house did and was most disappointed and deflated when I had to break it to him that his Daddy was not momentarily walking in the door. What is wrong with my company anyway? Turns out Ernie has been sending his Dad a barage of Mommy insults and Daddy love via text message while he has been at his FARMER's CONVENTION. Today's subject matter was that his Mom does not know the proper technique for a toady scrub. (Is it spelled TOADY?) Yesterday's, Mom does not know the proper technique for sprinkling the final spoonful of imaginary love on his dinner. There is no satisfying the little devil.

Lastly, I would like to confess to the world. Bless me Father, for I have sinned. It has been.....oh, who am I kidding? I have never been to a confessional. But I did eat a whole lot of bacon ranch pringles last night. Seems I ran out of healthy food and was too lazy to hit the grocery store so I fell back into old habits and mindlessly consumed a tube of Pringles! Let me tell you how sick I felt after my over consumption. Fail to plan, plan to fail! Perhaps my exhaustion is a lack of proper nutrition and a direct result of my dinner last night?

I think I shall just call it a day and start anew tomorrow. No point in sweatin' the small stuff. Am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment