Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Yikes! I Know You've Been Waiting with Bated Breath....

...Peeeples....but I have spent the day trying to catch up on my sleep and Mommy is a little under the weather.  I have some great pictures of my travels up to the Northern part of PEI.  It was way too much fun.  We spent the first day getting camp set up.  Let me tell ya, this was not the luxurious park we stayed at in the Eastern part of the island.  It was much smaller and the trailers were packed together like sardines.  We had to circle the camp twice before we found a spot because it was soooo full.  We parked beside Buddy the dog, who was a Pom from Ontario, oh...and his parents, of course.  It became pretty clear, pretty quick that just about every trailer in the park seemed to have a dog and the noise....well, let me tell ya.  I think I heard Mom and Dad repeat several times how proud they were that I was such a good boy because those dogs were 'a barkin'.  The people right behind us had a Sheltie.  Cute, yes.  Loud, fer sure!  Not the dogs fault though.  Everytime the people went outside, they put the dog inside.  Bark.  When they went inside, they put the dog out....More Barking!  Once in a while, the poor dogs Mommy would yell at it to shut up, but more times than not, she just let it bark.  Bad Mommy, right!  (Secretly, I kept telling myself that I have such a good Mommy & Daddy that don't yell at me (much) and spoil me rotten).

On Day 2 of our trip we headed up to the Northern tip of the island.  Along the way we stopped at a fishery and across the road was a field of monstrous horses.  I mean GI-GAN-TIC!

  Holy crap!

  I'm not afraid to say, I was a little scared.... 

Maybe if I don't look at them, they'll go away.   Please go away...please go away....
Here's some pictures from the docks...








And the area surrounding the dock.....




From there we hopped back in Daddy's truck and headed North....as North as you can go on Prince Edward Island.  To the North........WHAT????



WTF?  Hey!  Is this some kind of sick joke?  We aren't in the Arctic North anymore.  What's this guy doin' here?  Wait...Red Rocks.  Red Soil.  Yeah, it's all good.  We ARE on PEI!  And we are at the North Cape.


It's beautiful here!  We could have stayed all day.


We walked the Black Marsh Nature Trail which skirts the coast and found some very intriguing examples of old meets new...or new meets old, I guess.  It just depends on how you look at it.
Are you seeing what I'm seeing?  There is something seriously wrong with this picture!  And I am not talking about those windmill doo-hickeys.


We better take a closer look...

Are y'all seein' what I'm seein'?


That crazy-assed horse is down there collecting sea weed.  The lengths some folks will go to for a little sea weed for the garden, hey Itchy?

Oh Sh$t!  I think he heard me.  Shhhhh!  He's lookin' my way and I don't think that's love in his eyes.
Maybe if I sit really still in this grass, he won't notice me.
Oh, who am I kidding!  I am always lost in the weeds.  I'm getting the heck outta here!

Peace Out, My PEEPS!

No comments:

Post a Comment