Friday, August 27, 2010

Soul Brothers

The Gods have been conspiring against my Mummy and it has TOTALLY worked in my favour. Yeah God! It’s been so hot in her bedroom that her and Daddy have been sleeping with the curtains and window open. Of course this means that the sun streams through the window very early and wakes her up. Also, she’s been going to bed earlier and therefore, rising earlier. What does this all mean for me? Well, she has time to take me for an early morning walk with my new Soul Brother, Cabot. Cabot is one of Itchy’s babies. He lives down the road a bit and I have been hanging out with him and his entourage of feline bros & sistas. (I still haven’t learned to tread lightly around the kitties because, well, because I LOVE them SO MUCH that I can’t contain myself when I’m around them.)


This week Cabby and I have been hitting the beach. Let me tell you how much I love my time with my Soul Brother. We are truly Brothers from another Mother. He just gets me, ya know. Our walks are not about losing weight and exercising our muscles. Nope, our walks are more about sniffing stuff...


...tending to our hearts, having some laughs, shedding some tears regaling "tails" of our sistas and brothas that have passed on to the big doggy (kitty) park in the sky and just rolling in sh!#.

THE WIND UP.....

OH, YEAH!!!

Like any good friendship, ours started off tentatively. You know, you gotta check each other out. Dip your toe in slowly so to speak .  It takes a lot of courage to let another mutt inside because we all want to protect our heart.


But once I got to know him, and him me, we have the best quality time together.

Sometimes he takes the lead...

and sometimes I do...
Sometimes we chase chicks....
or sticks...
Sometimes we say nothing at all (NOT!) and just take in the views...
This is a golf course our neighbour built in their yard!!!


Sometimes we take a little alone time to consider our own thoughts...



Once in a while, one of us has to talk the other off the ledge...
Whatever we are doing, saying or not saying, I am blessed to have found such a great friend in Cabby and treasure every moment I spend with him. (If only I could get him to go swimming with me.  One can dream!)

Licks and Wags....PEACE OUT PEEPLES!

4 comments:

  1. ernie you gotta get your mom to make sure when she takes your picture she always shows the good side. r u bow legged? kieron and makaeleigh are off to iains for a week of fun on the acreage with his standard poodle and dobie. perhaps way to big for you. unfortunately my guys don't do well with small dogs. great pics. maybe you will go in the big dog house this weekend.

    t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, once again you have shown me the importance of being Ernest...or in my case the friend of Ernest. There are just a couple of things I should clarify. I love swimming, it is water I don't appreciate. As a role model I must again stress the importance of going organic. Rolling in fake do-do is a no-no. Anyway, gotta run (it's like gotta dance but for dogs) look forward to the next installment of Wild Dogs of Stratford. (Don't forget to hide your collar ID; it is just sooooo human.)

    Cabby at svelte.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is " Eddy from the Island"
    I am Cabby's little cousin, He was my first champion when I left my mom. I got taken off on an airplane to a foreign land(Ontario). I have only been back to visit him once since but his towel that he first gave me is still in with my toys. You are very lucky cause I sort of think "friends" are closer than "cousins"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eddy from the Island.

    Thanks for dropping in. Yes, they do say, friends are the family we choose for ourselves, but any cousin of Cabby's is a friend of mine. Wigs & Wags

    ReplyDelete