Thursday, August 26, 2010

Unexplained Absence

And no excuses really.  Just been busy living life, been under the weather and having some issues with the blogging website.

Farmer Mac's Bounty....How proud are we of him?


A tour through the Flower Gardens
My Rose of Sharon....the crowning glory in my garden.  It has been blooming for several weeks.  A bloom only lasts a day so blooming for several weeks is a great thing for its first year in my garden.

My favourite annual purple poppies planted from seed that has been in storage for 5 years!  Not sure what or who that interloper is crawling up the poppy but I give everything a chance until I can identify it.


The annuals in the centre of my Circle Garden.  Poppies, poppies and more poppies.  Sweet Peas and Morning Glories.


My prolific zucchini patch.  The joke between Itchy and I is, "What is the zucchini recipe for the day?"  Seriously!  How many zucchini dishes can one make.  I've made baked zucchini with onions, garlic and parmesan cheese, potato and zucchini pancake (I might have set the oven on fire with this one.), Paula Deene's zucchini bread which everyone ranted about and the only thing I like about it is the brown sugar/cinnamon crunch on the top and I added that to the recipe myself.

Thank goodness, Ernie is taking over again tomorrow.  My post was a bit bland.  I know, you've been waiting for over a week and all I served up were some lame photos.

5 comments:

  1. i shall send you a chocolate zuc loaf. it is to die for. it freezes well too. i got my g20 cheque only .45 difference between my claim and what they sent me. how clever am i!!!! i too was under the weather, but because of car pooling drove my buddy to work then came home. slept from 8:30 to 3 then back to bed from 8 to 0400. today i feel fine. they are looking for farmers to go up north. rumour has it farmer put his name in:) did you have a visiter from BC this summer. all for now looks like we are off to florida and vegas xmas and new years. how fun.

    great pics by the way. tell ernie we miss him. hope you are feeling better. farmer needs to give you more TLC.

    hugs

    t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those poppies! Nicholas and I have checked out all the different poppies on the 'hood, but haven't seen anything like that colour - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, best beets in town,

    thanks,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stumbled onto your blog...Your photos are, well, delicious! Fresh from the garden is always better than anything from a store...and the flowers are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete