Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What goes around, comes around.

In follow up to yesterday morning's post, when Ev sat down to read the blog, all he had to do was read the title and the headshaking started. Well. All I have to say is what goes around, comes around.

He wasn't meant to start his shift until 5pm but decided to go in early and get a work-out in. I sat back and watched him prepare for his day. After packing for what seemed like hours, I wondered out loud, "Where are you going? Are you leaving me because you've packed up enough stuff to last you a week?" He had his uniform, work out clothes and and a lunch box. He packed one bag. Didn't fit. Packed another. Eventually he walked out the door.

About 5pm I sat down to do a little surfing on my laptop and some movement through the window catches my eye. There is Ev, wearing his civies and sheepishly tapping on the door. He walks in, head hung in shame. Seems he forgot part of his wardrobe. The most important part. Socks, undies and the required undershirt. There they were, neatly folded and placed on a chair in the living room.

So instead of me screwing up his 4th day at work by calling him out of his course to come open the door for me, he did it himself! Basically a good half an hour late for work! I wonder how embarrassing that was?

No comments:

Post a Comment