Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What a day!

I got up around 8:30, took the dogs out for a pee, brushed my teeth, made coffee, quickly checked emails, trimmed Ernie up a bit, bathed & blowdryed him and quickly got myself ready and out the door to the vets we go. I spend an hour with the vets and leave Ernie there for more tests and they tell me to call at 3:15.

I then drive home to meet up with Ev so we can go out. I pick up the mail. We stop by the previous owner's of our house to exchange some mail and off we go again. We head back into town to our insurance agent to insure my car & our utility trailer and get some information about our house insurance.

We then drive to Access PEI where we register all three vehicles & get plates and exchange our old driver's licenses for PEI licenses.

We go out to the parking lot where I call the vet...it's 3:30. He's done. So I drive there and Ev goes home to get ready for work. Once I get there, I take some ibuprofen because I feel a killer headache coming on. I meet with the vet to discuss Ernie's situation which only leaves me more confused. They prescribed some ointment for his rash and I head back out to the front to settle up the account, wait for the prescription to be filled and book a return visit for a month.

Out we go, drive home. I see Ev didn't have a chance to make himself a lunch but notice he stopped at Sobey's on his way home so I'm guessing he picked himself up a sandwich or something from there to take to work. I feed the boys. Walk the boys. Send Ev an email. It's 5:45 and then it dawns on me...I haven't eaten a thing all day. No wonder I had a headache. I heat up some borscht that's in the fridge and finally sit down to eat.

Once I'm done I send Ev an email at work to call me to discuss what the vet said and he informs he didn't take or buy anything for dinner that he's going to come home and....wait for it....eat the soup....that I just ate! Oops.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry your 'baby' is sick :P hope you had a better day

    ReplyDelete