Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I'm Back, Peoples!

Sorry I took so long. As you might have figured out, I can’t type...DUH...I’m a dog?! So I must sit patiently and wait for my Momma to help out when I want to post. She’s been busy (spinning her wheels, as usual).

Anywhooooo, let’s continue or briefing on camping and other fodder. I had a difficult time with the sleeping arrangements.  I was confused on whose bed was whose.  Seems my bed is only about a foot below Mommy's but I kept trying to get up and snuggle with her.  It was soooo close, I couldn't help myself.  (I don't think she had a very good sleep because I woke her up, like, four times!  I was hoping she would cave, but nope!  Go figure!)

Let me tell you what I heard my Daddy say.  When he first pulled the Dog House onto the grass, he did a wee bit of work and then he told Mommy, "There.  I'm done.  You're in charge now!"  And so, that's the way it went.  Short of Daddy kicking up his feet, opening his yap wide and Mommy jamming grapes down his throat, he was pretty true to his word.  (She'd get even with him later.  Tune in tomorrow.)  So, after I got up from my nap and we had some supper, Daddy built a campfire.  (Oh, I guess that was a little work.  You got me there.)


Look! There's my Mommy sitting in front of the fire HE-MAN Daddy built her.  Doesn't it look beautiful there?







Day Two of our trip in the Dog House was filled with water. Water falling from the sky & water from the ocean. That’s alright. It was still warm outside so we went for a drive farther up island to Basinhead Beach.



Mommy and Daddy walked the beach.  Ohhh, I RUVS walking the beach with my Daddy. Sure wish my Bro was here though. He would have loved it here.
There's me!  Look at that kick in my step....

 
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-DAH!  Zip-A-Dee-DAY!

 Lettuce anyone?




Yes, yes, I know.  It's a Sea Salad but if you don't know by now, I RUVS me some lettuce!  Any lettuce will do.

My Mommy, always following the rules.  Walking me with a leash on the beach even though there was no one else there.  So NOT cool!
What the hell? Is that Ogo Pogo? I thought Ogo Pogo was a fresh water creature that lived in BC? I must be seeing things!



From BasinHead we drove to the Eastern most point of the island to ....
After we had had enough rain we started back to the Dog House but not before Daddy found this little pond with the most spectacular water lilies.

We truly could have stayed at this sanctuary all day except the Deer Flies started biting Mommy's arse.  We all know how much the bugs love Mommy's sweet flesh but the feeling is NOT reciprocated so we had to head home.

By the time we got home I was exhausted....and you guessed it.....Peoples....  I'm...starting....to....feel...very...sleepy...again.....MUST....
NAP!
Please come back tomorrow for the final day's events.  Licks & Wags...Noogie-san!

1 comment:

  1. such great photos and stories. a day in the life sure is exciting. kieron is learning or i should say i am learning how to be the boss around kieron. naturally his problems stem from the lack of follow through by his mother. we are on day 3 of consistent training and it is going well. life in bc is good, weather is good although i am wearing summer stuff and freezing. no sense in my summer clothes going to waste. couple of big projects to start and i am excited. hope things are going well. did you have smores? i so miss the airstream we had as kids growing up. can't wait to get in yours. brother has a 5th wheel and when i go back to calgary i sleep in it. HMMM. it is so fun to camp in the driveway:)

    hugs.

    t

    ReplyDelete