Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ernie Has Found His Calling!

Dear Peoples,

I wanted to write and tell you that I would like to move into our new house.  Not the house that has three floors, four bedrooms and two bathrooms.  Not the house that has at least one bed on every level, lovingly placed there for my use only (not to mention the king-sized bed that I snuggle in at night).

Nope, I want to move into the new house parked in the driveway, the one on four wheels. Some time ago, Mommy fittingly referred to it as "The Dog House", but I don't think the title's use was meant for me. You know, the one that Daddy hooked up to the back of the truck this week and towed to lands afar? I RUVS IT!!!!  I RUVS EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!


Look!  Here's me daydreaming of what wondrous place my Daddy is taking me to on the CAR RIDE!  I bet he takes me through the drive-thru at Robin's Donuts where the lovely ladies always give me a "Milk Bone Tootie!"  If they forget or don't see me in the back seat, I bark at them so they know I'm in there.  I am lion, hear me ROAR!


Umm, Daddy?  Do ya think you can roll up the windows?  It's a little windy back here and you are mussing up my hair!













Anyhooo...Daddy drove and drove and eventually he pulled into a green pasture that overlooked the ocean.  I think he said it was called Red Point.  We could see fishing boats and sail boats off in the distance and I could hear all of the little kids laughing and playing in the surf.
While Daddy tried (and tried) to back the Dog House into the field, I think I heard him yell at Mommy, who was standing behind the Dog House, "I CAN'T SEE YOU!"  To which she gave him some kind of hand signal to check out in his rear view mirror.  I think they call it, "FLIPPIN' THE BIRD", and then Daddy laughed.  Eventually he got it right and then I heard them laugh because he could have driven straight through the field instead of backing it into the spot, but, oh well!

Once he got it levelled, I found a shady spot underneath the Dog House where I went fast to sleep.  I think I woke myself up snoring because Mommy & Daddy were laughing at me at one point.  Either that or I tooted in my sleep.  Small things amuse small minds, I say.  Watching out the window in anticipation while Daddy drives is hard work for a little gaffer.  You try standing on two legs when you were meant to stand on four!
Mom looks like she was lovin' it too!  Look at her hanging out on the lawn chair.  (Psst!  Notice there is only one chair while the other is inexplicably missing.  Well, between you and me, as soon as they got it out of its bag and Mommy set it up, she sat down in it and it broke!  Teee heee!  I did say that's between you and me, right?  She'll kill me if she finds out I finked on her.)
So....why do I love camping so much?  Well, I can sit anywhere I want inside the Dog House and see my Mommy and Daddy.  They can't go anywhere where I can't see them.  No FREAKIN' OUT for me! 

I also RUVS that we had BBQ every night, even when it was pouring....oh, wait for it.....CATS & DOGS outside!  And bacon always tastes great when you make it on the Dog House stove.  That's what I had for breakfast...BOTH mornings!

I also RUV me some long (3 hours long) naps with my Dad!  After 2 hours I was wide awake but Mommy had the door open so I could lie on the bed and watch all of the activity going on outside. 
Mommy loved her time in the Dog House too but, for some reason she cried after we had only been there for an hour or so.  No!  It wasn't Daddy barking at her about her lack of guidance while directing the Dog House into its new spot.  (She also gave him a thumbs down at one point.)  Shortly after we arrived another Dog House pulled in way, way  across the field from us.  And who should come out of it....
This old fella, of course!  (He's kinda freakin' me out because he looks like a mirage.  Ghost like, almost, don't cha' think?)  I had to do a double-take myself, but I knew it wasn't my BRO.  Cheer up, Buttercup!  Rookie is inside the trailer sleeping.

 See!
 He can't possibly be in two places at once.

Speaking of sleepin', I'm feeling another nap coming on.....

Me thinks I gotta leave it there but I have more adventures to share with you tomorrow.  But believe me when I tell you...I used to think I was meant for fishin', but now, I'm just not so sure.  This Dog House thing is really winning me over.  I'll have to try it out a few more times to be really sure. 

CHOW for NOW....Ernie-san!

2 comments:

  1. OMG you had me laughing so much I almost peed my pants. Can't believe the farmer didn't have enough farming in Ontario that he has to try it again. Oh wait the difference might be the lack of electric gadgets. Hmm did you have Wi Fi:) Yes the princess has to ask. I so can't wait to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that little smushy face! Ernie,
    you are the best. Lewy wants to hug you too, and Cabot wants to herd you );

    ReplyDelete