Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Now Where Was I?

Sorry for the down time folks.  My computer has bit it and I refuse to take it in to get repaired because the cost of repairs is just about as much as buying a new one and I'm just not ready to do that yet - buy a new one that is.  We actually went to Future Shop one night while I was particularly frustrated and stood there for 20 minutes waiting for some help before we walked out of the store.  Instead I now continue plugging away attempting to fix it on my own.  Just when I think I got 'er licked and she shows some progress, KABOOM....toasted again.

So here is somewhat of an update.....

1.  Best News First!  For the first time in 9 years....I got a full-time job and it is mine all mine.  (Well, sort of.)  It is a one year Mat Leave position for the front desk administrator at Stratford Physiotherapy  I can't tell you how excited I am.  I start later in the month and will be working part-time until the present administrator takes her maternity leave.  It is a fairly new business which opened in 2009.  Super close to our home.  Less than a five minute drive to get there.  The owners are a young wife and husband team who have done there own share of moving around.  Anyway, I am very excited and if getting a hug goodbye after you  have signed your job offer is any indication of how wonderful the future is there....well, I don't suspect it could get any better.  (Another shout out to my friends and family who supported me through the stress of the last few weeks and for providing me great references!  Love you all!) 

2.  Second Best News!  I am continuing my fight with the running program.  I just started Week 4 of my 8 Week program.  I have opted to do the entire program on the treadmill so that I can build some endurance.  Once I complete the program, I hope to start it again and do it outdoors.  Besides, who wants to run outside when we are still getting snow?  Poor SF did a 10 km race this weekend in snow, hail and blustering wind while I stayed home and snuggled with my furry babies.  37 kms completed to date!
I am trying to keep my total time at 30 minutes each run, including my warm up and cool down.  This week I am up to 5 minutes run, 3 minutes walk x 3.  It was a full 2 minute jump in the run from last week so I was a bit panicked but I completed it with relative ease and I'll be doing my second run today.

3.  Third BESTEST News!  I beat the SF TWICE at squash this weekend!  TWICE!  Never mind that he had run a 10 k race the day before.  He paid me back by nailing me (accidentally, of course) with the squash ball in the hip.  Just a wee bruise this time.  Not like the welt he left me with on my forearm the last time.  Don't fret though.  He still has a way to go before he and I are equal.  I have drawn his blood on the court in the past.

4. FIBRE NEWS.   I am nearing completion on my blanket!  I have completed all of the horizontal stripes, 170 rows in total!  I have sewn in all of the ends on the sides, 170 of them!  And now I am working on the edging.  Soon enough I will be updating my total yardage!

I'm sure there is more, but I gotta go run!  I'll be back soon.

1 comment:

  1. That's Awesome News about your New Job, Kim! Congrats! Hopefully you'll still have time for Gardening!

    ReplyDelete