Friday, March 26, 2010

Have you ever wondered what your pets are up to while you are out?

In the days following Rookie's passing, we discovered a website on the internet with a webcam aimed into the whelping bin of 2 litters of adorable golden doodles. Watching them frolic, fight, sleep - basically wreak havoc in their little world - went a long way to healing our hearts, and softening them, I suspect.

It also lead me to my own brainstorm. I could set up my webcam to record what Ernie does while we are out. Since I have been so concerned about him, actually the house, I decided to give it a go. We planned an afternoon outdoor workout. E running, me biking. The perfect opportunity to record our little tazmanian devil. I carefully set up my laptop in a strategic position so I could attempt to catch as much footage as possible. We were gone for all of 40 minutes.

After watching the video, I almost wish I hadn't done it. Ernie was completely unsettled. He watched us leave. Watched the door for a very short period of time and then ran all over the house looking for us. No one ever said he was bright. Then he came back to the living room and stood staring at the door....barking. He barked the entire 40 minutes. He would pause ever so slightly and then start right back up. In the entirety, he sat down for less than 1 minute. It was very disheartening and not what I was hoping for. More proof that Ernie needs a buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment