Thursday, August 20, 2009

T minus 14

Another day done! I couldn't fall asleep last night so I was up until 2ish. I woke up with a start at 9, boot up computer, dogs out, dogs in, poured coffee, look at emails from realtor, call MYm, find out if she heard from the lawyers...she did..they called and woke her up at 6am then proceeded to lecture her about the importance of dealing with the mortgage documents expediently & that they would be forthcoming via email ASAP. Two hours later, no documents! So I call and she says they're coming shortly. Not much later Mom reports the news that they have arrived and she is on her way into town to visit the Notary.

Next job.....I cleaned the carpet in the gym room and printed off the final notices for our SALE. Christie called and asked if Jason's mom could come over this afternoon which I was happy for her to! Ev went around town and distributed our flyer and within minutes our house was FULL of people. I think they must have shut the cash machine down at the bank because everyone & their dog showed up with nothing but $20's. I was giving people change with twoonies and loonies from our change collection! There must have been 30 people show up in the first hour or so and poor Jason's mom was left sitting by herself:( Oh well...I was able to set her up with my knitting library which occupied her and then we had a great visit for a couple of hours.

Ev's off fishing right now with 2 members that flew in from Yellowknife today which is giving me a bit of downtime.....well that is after I walked the dogs, fed the dogs, fed myself, put the house back together because it looks like a bomb went off in here! Remnants of the sale, personal belongings displaced from the gym room, items temporarily relocated because of the sale....apparently the rule goes...if it's not screwed down, it's for sale! People were trying to buy Jason's Mom & Ev's shoes. Would have been a difficult walk home.

Well I gotta go....must knit....

No comments:

Post a Comment