Thursday, August 27, 2009

Spell check doesn't fix stupid!

The good news is, we received confirmation that our house sale was completed without issue today. The bad news is the email from our lawyer informing us was addressed to Mr. and Mrs. Everett. And it gets better. The email from the paralegal said...and I quote, "Congratulations! You are NOT the proud owner of 484 Keppoch Road!" At least the service and spelling errors were consistent.

Do you think I should put a disclaimer on this blog or is my sarcasm understood as comic relief? It's just my way of coping with the stress, so I hope it doesn't offend anyone.

It was still a busy day here. I continued submitting change of address notifications. Did you know that you can activate your satellite service in mere minutes but it takes a month to deactivate your account? Apparently you agree to that when you sign your contract. Of course when you read the contract, it tells you to consult the website for the current list of terms and conditions so unless you print it off at the time you sign it, you're S.O.L.

After a couple of hours of that nonsense, I took Jason's parents out for a guided tour of the coastline. We were trying to find Arctic owls and fox but weren't very successful. We might have seen one, but it may have been a large seagull. We're a couple of weeks early unfortunately so looking at pictures we took last year had to suffice. At one point we stopped to take some pictures and when I opened up my backpack, I discovered the can of 7-Up I had in my bag was punctured and there was a sticky mess everywhere, including all over the camera. Must have been all the lumps and bumps we hit along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment