Tuesday, January 25, 2011

11,111 Yards in 2011

I have added another goal to 2011.  Knit 11,111 Yards in 2011.  You'll notice a progress bar on the sidebar to track my progress.

Of course, the peanut gallery's comment was, "Why not 11,000 kms on the treadmill?"  My thoughts....why set myself a goal that I KNOW that I'll never achieve.  Knitting is so much more fun that running on a treadmill.  Besides, I happen to have suffered another Kimism last night.  As usual, I was distracted from the task at hand, emptying the dishwasher, by something riveting on the internet...probably some knitting.  The way I look at it, I was actually multi-tasking.  While I was waiting for the kettle to boil for our evening tea, I decided to empty the dishwasher but only got the top half emptied before my tea was ready and then retired to the couch completely forgetting about the bottom shelf.  That was, until, the SF went to put his spoon into the dishwasher.

"Did you not finish emptying the dishwasher?", he says, with a hint of disdain.  My response, "Oh, Sh*$", jump up from the couch and start my retreat to the kitchen.  I don't even make it to the end of the couch when I slam my baby toe into the battery pack from my laptop and feel a crack, followed by a bevy of, "Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch!"  I'm surprised I could actually bend over to grab my toe, as my back also happens to be out of service from a slip I suffered over the weekend.  Seems the steps outside are a little icy.  Seems one pain made me forget the other....for a few moments anyway.

Anywhoooo, when I woke up this morning, my little piggy looks about the size of my big piggy and is a rainbow of red, black, blue, purple and green.  Thanks, once again, Mum.  (She knows what I mean.  Believe me!)

Here is my first completed project..... the Faux Flap Heel Sock 

A free toe-up sock pattern designed by Brie.  A really quick knit (once I figured out my math and gauge?!)




2.37% down....97.63% to go.....Check back tomorrow for my second project.

1 comment:

  1. Kim! Your shawl is exquisite.
    You've outdone yourself.

    ReplyDelete