Wednesday, January 26, 2011

11,111 in 2011

My second completed project is Allegheny Muse.   This is a KAL (knit-a-long for all of you non-knitters) that my friend, Jolene and I took on.  We hooked up (ha! ha!....that's a crochet pun) through the magic of Ravelry (grandiose knitting website for those of you who don't knit). We have been chatting online for some months now. Actually, the stalker that I must be....I seem to have favourited a project that she crocheted while I still lived in the Arctic. If you are anything like the SF, you are probably saying to yourself, "What the heck is favourited?" It's just a tag you place on a designer's pattern or other knitter's project for future reference. I think it must be kizmit?! Anyway, we started off the New Year with a face to face Stitch n' Bitch session and decided to tackle a project together. Here's mine....








Please check hers out here  Her blog post is very thorough and a great tutorial on blocking knitted lacework.  The pattern was a joy to work on with a great variety of some crochet, beadwork and lacework - several techniques that were new to me.  I know it's hard to tell but there are about 600 beads knit into this work.  Time consuming, but well worth the effort!  I think we did the designer proud.  While you are visiting her blog, be sure to check out her fuzzy butt bunny, Ruttiger.  I've linked to my favourite clip of him facing off against Hurricane Earl like a trooper!

1 comment:

  1. I love the way yours turned out... for some reason it looks dantier than mine! the green beads were perfect!

    ReplyDelete