Thursday, December 30, 2010

A New Year.....A New Outlook

I have been racking my brain for some original, entertaining ideas for blogging in 2011.  Let's face it, my life is not newsworthy on a daily basis.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.  Peace and quiet is what we strive for, however, it does impose some challenges when it comes to blogging material.

I have been discussing a few ideas with a couple of important people in my life and will likely designate a couple of days a week on the blog to specific subject matter.  What I am most excited about is the first challenge will involve the SF.  In the past, I have encouraged him to participate in the craziness that is my blog proposing a 'he said, she said'  format since he always has so much to say offline, but he wouldn't bite.  (He's yelling over my shoulder that it is because he isn't as witty as I am.  I say it's laziness.) We have now come up with something that appeals to both of us.  A photo challenge.  A fun challenge really, but if you know anything about us, we both love a little fun competition.  And if you know the SF intimately, you know he makes a better loser than a winner, so here's hoping he loses.

Weekly we will select a subject for our challenge.  The image will be our own interpretation of the topic.  I'll post each one of our photos anonymously each Monday, and entitle the post MUGSHOT MONDAY.  In the meantime, I'll  attempt to figure out how to work the voting thingamajiggy on the blog (I have a week or so to figure it out - should be plenty of time) so you, the readers, may vote and hopefully we'll garner a few more comments and encouragement.  I will also announce the next week's subject matter at that time.  Hopefully, we can agree on some rules to post by the first submission.

First MUGSHOT MONDAY challenge - RED.  Don't ask me?  The SF picked it.  Apparently he already has a million ideas.  We will alternate choosing subject matter from the numerous ongoing challenges posted at DP Review website.  The first MUGSHOT MONDAY photos will be displayed on 10-January and will continue weekly....or until we get bored.  Look forward to your participation and if you feel like joining in, please feel free to email me a photo and I'll add it to the challenge.  Any and all are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment