Thursday, October 7, 2010

Say Hello To SOPHIE!

Last week, Itchy, Scratchy and myself went on a road trip. More quality girl time! We headed to Belfast Mini-Mills and were greeted by Sophie.  Meet Sophie! 

Isn't she adorable?!  She's only 5.5 months old.  Actually, she looked like this when we first got there.

Apparently she is a late riser.  But she must have been having great dreams.
I mean, seriously, look at that smile on her face.  Heavenly.  Hog Heaven, actually.

There was a whole petting zoo there....of sorts.  There were goats....



Ernie's personal fave, COWS!


Sheeps...

And....ALPACAS!

 Of course, alpacas.  I almost forgot the purpose of the trip was to buy wool.
 When I was in Baddeck at BAAdeck Yarns, yes that's no typo.  It is called BAAdeck yarns....anywhoo, when I was there chatting with dear sweet Betty, she said that every yarn shop should have a hardware store attached for husbands to visit while their spouses are in wool heaven.  I've changed my mind on that theory.  Every yarn shop should have a hobby farm attached to it.  I might spend less money on wool and more time talking to the animals......NOT!

Perhaps next time I visit, I will take the tour of the mill itself.  This time, we were happier to visit with the animals and shop, shop, shop.  One of the women there showed us a toque that had been knit out of a wool made from the fur of a Samoyed.  If only I had known that you could take your dog's fur and make it into something you could keep forever, I would have saved Rookie's.  What a keepsake!

1 comment:

  1. I love that place! Animals, yarn, cinnamon buns and all!

    (P.S. When you're grooming the Ern-meister... if you want to save a few brush-fulls of fluff, I can make it into a mini skein for you ;)

    ReplyDelete