Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Knitting Fool.....

Mugshot Monday seems to have taken a back seat?  I have been a little under the weather with a wee cold and the SF has been busy.....working, working out, cleaning...you name it....OH!  And plowing snow!


See how he's holding his rear leg.  That's his leg that has pins in it.  Seems that the cold goes right up his little chicken wing into the pins and turns him into TRIPOD.

Men and their toys!



What I have been busy doing is knitting/crocheting.

I am crocheting a blanket for the trailer and making good progress considering it will be a queen size when I'm done.  I've determined that it actually serves as a blanket when crocheting because I lay it across my lap as I'm working on it.  Ernie thinks it's great as well.  He's forever trying to crawl onto my lap to sit on top of it.  The other night I found myself sitting at an uncomfortable 30 degree angle because he'd parked his cuteness on top of it and I didn't want to disturb him.  Instead, I contorted my decrepit back to work around him.  He certainly has my number.



I have continued my KAL with my friend, Jolene, and our socks, Salor.  It's a bit slow as I am finding the dark wool a bit difficult to work with at night.  Despite the recent addition of bifocals and an OTTlite, it appears that I am beyond help.  Therefore, I am restricted to daylight hours for working on this beautiful sock.  I am down to the toe on sock #1.




My final project is also a KAL with my friend Chris who resides in Chicago.  We met through Ravelry coming on two years now.  A kind comment from her on my ravatar (a photo of Ernie, of course) has blossomed into a wonderful friendship.

We are knitting a doll named Poppy .  I'm sure I will find someone to gift her to.  She is knit from the head down in one piece.  If you know me, I can't stand sewing in ends.  (Just ask the SF.  He had to listen to me belly-ache about the recent hat I crocheted that had some 50+ ends!)  The daunting task of sewing in ends on my blanket (already at 48 ends) is enough to overwhelm anyone so the promise of just a few draws me to this adorable little girl.  I haven't decide on any colours for her coif, as yet, nor her dress.  I keep perusing the 346 Poppies already posted online.



I haven't completely ignored my camera.  Here is my trusty knitting sidekick in all of his cuteness.


Suddenly I am feeling a nap coming on.....hmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment